November Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a really good all round destination then you should consider Malapascua in The Philippines. Its the only place in the world where you can see huge Pelagic Thresher Sharks on a daily basis. They come into the recreational diving zone to be cleaned at dawn. These stations also keep a school of resident Devil Rays around and the newly designated species 'Giant Pelagic manta' also come. You don't get bigger then that. As its The Philippines you also get the world's best macro diving thanks to being right in the middle of the Golden Triangle of marine biodiversity. Nearby Gato Island is also home to many chunky White Tip Reef Sharks.

You could also go looking for whale sharks in Donsol or Sogod Bay although this is usually snorkeling.

Of course there is busy Sipadan to consider also. Its really great also but remember you will be very limited how many times you can dive the island itself due to the permit problems. If you go for a week you may only get 1 day, maybe 2 there.

Raja Ampat is also exceptional for great macro but also lots of schooling fish. There are some places there where you can see 10+ Mantas at once. Its generally done by LOB so is pricey.

Hi,

Sogod Bay is awesome site, great macro and great viz, and lots whalesharks though November may be a little early to see them. Having said that i was there in April at peak time and none had been seen since feb!!

Many friends have told me malapascua is best in ppines for larger things plus good macro, but i have also heard a lot of the corals have been destroyed?? This is heresay not fact.

I am off to palau in November, which is end of rain season but low winds, and can offer pelagics as well. maybe combine malapacua and palau - you can fly from Manila to koror in palau easily enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom