Nova Scotia (or there abouts) in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thatmark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Morning,

It looks like my wife will be spending a couple of days in July at a conference on Prince Edward Island. While she's there I'd like to get in some diving and I figured since I have a few days off for the holidays, why not start planning...

I couldn't find any recent threads here on ScubaBoard, but from looking around Google it seems like there are a number of shops, sites, and operators within 4-6 hours drive. I don't need to commute back to PEI each day, so eastern Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, etc... are all options as long as there is somewhere local to stay.

I'm currently UTD Rec2 (AOW) certified with doubles and have done dives locally in quarries as well as boat dives on wrecks (no penetration) in Florida, North Carolina, and New Jersey. I'm planning to start Tech1 this spring. Not sure if I will have completed it by July or not, so probably best to start with NDL options. I will definitely be in a dry suit by then in any case (which seems necessary given the water temps I'm seeing).

Oh, and since I'm traveling on my own I'll need a buddy (or a paid guide).

Thoughts and recommendations?

Happy Holidays!

Mark

There is all kinds of great diving out East. You can dive the Bell Island wrecks at Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, which include 4 WW2 wrecks and 3 old whale boats. You can also dive the site of an old whale processing factory as well as lots fish, coral and even jelly fish.Newfoundland Wrecks You can also dive an abandoned mine. Want to dive in an abandoned mine? Head to this Newfoundland bay If you are inclined and so certified you could dive the Empress of Ireland off of Rimouski, Quebec. RMS Empress of Ireland

I'm cold just reading this! I've ridden cape Breton by motorcycle a few times and its breathtaking scenery! Try to get some topside excursion in too :wink:

When in July are you planning on coming? One of our local diving groups has a trip to deer island planned on the 21st of July. It’s an amazing cold water drift dive. It’s under “bay of Fundy tidal divers” on Facebook

@Diesel_Diver

Thanks for reaching out. I was supposed to be coming up the week of the 15th, but unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to make it. Otherwise I'd definitely look to join that trip.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom