Nova 700 light beam angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know what the beam angle of the new Nova 700 (3 C cell model) is ?

I cant find that information or any reviews that show, or mention it
Thanks

can someone explain why you still insist on , because IMO total sucks more failure point then some protection

• Over-pressure valve releases any battery off-gassing - the ultimate dive light safety feature not normally found on torches in this price point.

you would think ScubaPro would check in occasionally at their forum at the worlds largest online dive community :shrug:

Found this on simply scuba.

Producing Higher Lumens than most primary dive lights, including many large pistol-grip styles, and out-pacing virtually all secondary dive lights, the Nova 700R leads the market in sheer light intensity. With a 15° hot spot and a 90° even wide beam you can focus on one thing whilst illuminating everything around it too.

http://www.simplyscuba.com/products/Scubapro/Nova700RTorch.aspx

Reactions: D_B
thank you, but I dont know if it's the same for the 700 (no R)
I found one site that said 10*

I also sent an email to SP ... still waiting for a reply

Edit: I'm really disappointed that ScubaPro doesn't seem to monitor this forum ... what's the point of having it?
If I don't get some information from them by this Sunday, I'm seriously thinking about getting the DRIS 1000

---------- Post added May 14th, 2015 at 06:22 PM ----------

5/14 ... still no response , here, or to my email

Last edited:
Still no response from SP?

---------- Post added May 15th, 2015 at 08:53 AM ----------

You would think they would have set up for email notification when there are posts within their forum. It's been almost a month since your original post.

You could try posting the same question, but within another SP forum thread that they HAVE responded to previously, as they will surely get a notification that way?

Still no response from SP?

---------- Post added May 15th, 2015 at 08:53 AM ----------

You would think they would have set up for email notification when there are posts within their forum. It's been almost a month since your original post.

You could try posting the same question, but within another SP forum thread that they HAVE responded to previously, as they will surely get a notification that way?
I looked, there aren't any

here are the scubapro forum moderators

SCUBAPRO Harry ... last online May 6th, 2015 03:15 PM (last post July 1st, 2014)

KATESCUBAPRO ... last online October 24th, 2014 10:26 AM

JulesSCUBAPRO ... last online October 20th, 2014

Brad SCUBAPRO ... last online January 24th, 2012

perhaps instead of an email to SP, try a PM to scubapro harry ?

D_B,
The previous quote in this thread is correct:

Producing Higher Lumens than most primary dive lights, including many large pistol-grip styles, and out-pacing virtually all secondary dive lights, the Nova 700R leads the market in sheer light intensity. With a 15° hot spot and a 90° even wide beam you can focus on one thing whilst illuminating everything around it too.

It applies to the bulb and lens which are interchangeable on the NOVA 700 & 700R.

Thank you for the clarification
I think you can understand my confusion in that it only has that information for the 700R and not for the 700
... Any beam angle information is lacking at the ScubaPro website
... and I only found the information that they both have the very same light head in the 700/700R PDF file (that they are interchangeable does not confirm that they are necessarily the same beam angle, at least to me )

DB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom