Nov. 25, 2012 McMicking Point (Enterprise Channel, Victoria) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It played quite smooth on my Mac.
Have you got a white balance card to take along with you? Maybe using manual white balance and changing it every 10' of depth (or so) would give more consistent results?
Looks like there was a lot of current in some places and not much in others? Is that a result of editing out of time-sync with reality, or could you duck out of the way of the current?
I am envious of your knack to just find water and dive around here. You've convinced me (through video) to go try to find the HeliJet wreck tomorrow. Do you ever check with harbour-master, or just go do it?
Thanks for the inspiration.

C.

My problem with manual white-balancing (besides not having control rods on my housing to press those buttons), is that it's pretty time consuming. I know it only takes 10 seconds or so, but when you're trying to film a sea lion charging towards you or a cormorant swimming past, you'd probably miss half the shots. Also, I couldn't use my video light since it would look very red if I had white-balanced for natural light. Sometimes I find that, in white card white-balanced shots, the background water looks "muddy" or almost purple.
On that dive, the current was much stronger than expected. I could stop and hide behind some of the reefs, where the current was blocked.
I've never called the harbour master to dive the wreck near the Helijet Pad. I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if it's a legal requirement for recreational divers. Technically, the Ogden Point breakwater and Saxe Point are within Victoria Harbour, and no one calls the harbour master to dive there.

Back
Top Bottom