Nov 22 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
cowrie.jpg

shrimp.jpg

parrot.jpg

puffer.jpg

Beautiful. I especially like the Egg Cowrie.

Agreed. How long do you spend setting up your shots, or do you decide what kind of shots you are going to take and set up your camera before you enter the water?

They are all great, I like #1 & #3 the best. Are your walls at home filled with some of these great shots you have? They should be.

Now this is a statement I can get behind. Those are some amazing shots Jim and #4 stands out for me as well. Number 2 is also great.

Great pics Jim - especially #4

Many thanks to all of you for your compliments on my photos.

I don't plan on any specific type of picture shooting before my dive. I have two macro lenses and a wide angle lens that I take with me on my tray. The decision is made when I find the subject. Basically I do a lot of button pushing and lens changing underwater.

I don't have any of my photos as prints at home. Most of the "keepers" are on my website and here in the forum.

I am long overdue for an upgrade to my Oly C4000Z but haven't found anything up to now that would have allowed me to keep my wide angle 67mm lens w/o buying an Ikelite housing. I am looking to downsize from having to carry all the lenses underwater.

I think the answer is the Canon G10 with WP-DC28 housing. The 28mm wide angle lens is not as wide as my Inon UWL-100 but I think it will do the job. Since I am a "cropping" junky the G10's 15 megapixels will handle that issue.

I'm waiting for more feedback on the G10 in the Canon housing. Is there any "vignetting" in the WP-DC28 because of the 28mm lens? The Ike housing has a very large lens port to accommodate that 28mm lens. You have to use a slave strobe with the Ike housing as the cameras strobe is blocked. I find there are times when the cameras strobe is needed for the situation at hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom