Nov. 15 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
camera_forums.gif

site.jpg

goby.jpg

clown.jpg

skunk.jpg

lion.jpg

moray.jpg

Gorgeous pictures!

Great set. Pretty little Goby, and nice job getting a Lionfish out in the open. In my limited South Pacific experience they've all been in holes or tucked up against some rock.

I like the Goby, too. Well, I like all of them, but the Goby is the best in this set IMHO.

Great Stuff again Jim!

Apart from cropping do you do much Photoshopping of your pics?

Peter

Great Stuff again Jim!

Apart from cropping do you do much Photoshopping of your pics?

Peter

Yes, I frequently use some or all of;
the Auto Tone, Auto Contrast, Brightness, Contrast and Unsharp Mask and sometimes the Exposure adjustment.

I shoot in the JPEG mode. I tried RAW a few times but in all honesty I can't be bothered with the extra editing and storing the larger files.

Yes, I frequently use some or all of;
the Auto Tone, Auto Contrast, Brightness, Contrast and Unsharp Mask and sometimes the Exposure adjustment.

I shoot in the JPEG mode. I tried RAW a few times but in all honesty I can't be bothered with the extra editing and storing the larger files.

Hi Jim,
I've just been looking at your web site! WOW! Great shots well put together and presented.

I'm going to try something similar myself, but as all my photos to date are either 35mm transparancies or 2 1/4 square trannies i'm up for a big job just to get them digitized. The cost of a large format slide scanner is astronomical and as it would only be for a one off use I've been a little hesitant to spend the dollars. And to get them done by a lab is also costly. I currently have about 10000 35mm slides and 2500 2 1/4 square ones, so you can see my task. But i'll have to do something soon as some of the older 35mm slide are starting to degrade. Thank the stars the good ones are all glass mounted!

This was my main reason for asking about your post processing procedures.

Peter

Hi Jim,
I've just been looking at your web site! WOW! Great shots well put together and presented.

I'm going to try something similar myself, but as all my photos to date are either 35mm transparancies or 2 1/4 square trannies i'm up for a big job just to get them digitized. The cost of a large format slide scanner is astronomical and as it would only be for a one off use I've been a little hesitant to spend the dollars. And to get them done by a lab is also costly. I currently have about 10000 35mm slides and 2500 2 1/4 square ones, so you can see my task. But i'll have to do something soon as some of the older 35mm slide are starting to degrade. Thank the stars the good ones are all glass mounted!

This was my main reason for asking about your post processing procedures

Peter

Thanks for the compliment on my website.

I know what you mean about 35mm slides. I have hundreds of them of my two daughters growing up. I selected one hundred or so and sent them to a lab someplace in the South and they made prints from them for the girls. It was a bit pricey but my daughters paid :D

I have a slide scanner but it does one slide at a time. The last time I used slides was in Thailand in 1990. It took me quite a bit of time to scan them and the results were not that great but I at least had them on the computer. I never made prints from them. The brand was PrimeFilm Scanner.

Yeah, I can get a 35mm scanner at a reasonable price but most of my best work is on 2 1/4 square format and a hi res scanner for those run upwards of 5K so you can see the dilema. I'm thinking that I'll just hang on till I find a customer who has one and do a trade of services for the lot.

I was lucky with my family pictures, my wife decided she would scan them one at a time on the flatbed scanner and archive them (took her weeks to do it) but at least we have them now!

Keep the pictures coming, I'm really enjoying them as you post them each day and I keep thinking that maybe in a couple of years I'll do the retirement bit and just travel and dive and shoot for my own personal pleasure!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom