Nov.13 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Canon S90 in Canon housing.
All shot in RAW with Sea & Sea YS-27DX strobe. No add-on lenses.
WB adjusted and file converted to JPG in Canon DPP. Additional editing in PS.

This is the only near-shore Alona Beach site that is designated a
"Marine Sanctuary". Ironically IMO it is the least interesting site as it has very little on it?

site.png

coral2.jpg

coral1.jpg

puffer.jpg

goby.jpg

mantis.jpg

Great set. The Mantis shot is spectacular.

Really great pictures.

Honest thoughts on your G10 vs. the S90 you're using?

It constantly amuses me to look at tomorrow's pictures . . . :)

Really great pictures.

Honest thoughts on your G10 vs. the S90 you're using?

opinion.png

Here goes :D

If one is to get a camera and NO external strobe then the S90 or S95 in a Canon housing (cost wise).

If one is to get a strobe and/or wet-mount lenses then the S90 or S95 in an Ikelite, FIX or other non-Canon brand housing.

If one is to get a strobe and NO wet-mount lenses then the G camera in the Canon housing (cost wise).

I use only an external strobe and no wet-mount lenses and I will be getting a G12/Canon housing when I get back to Hawaii as a backup to my G10 (assuming Canon can repair it).

I also like the "beefier" G cameras over the S ones. Battery life is also much better in the G cameras. Of course the battery is also much larger.

Pictures are superb on both :D

Thanks for the comments. Now we just need you to get back out there and entertain us with some more photos.

Beautiful pictures. I just ordered the S95 for my wife. I'll get a housing later after some research. FIX doesn't make one for the S95 yet (or so I have read here on the board). I'll keep using my C-4000 and PT-010 housing until it dies.

Beautiful pictures. I just ordered the S95 for my wife. I'll get a housing later after some research. FIX doesn't make one for the S95 yet (or so I have read here on the board). I'll keep using my C-4000 and PT-010 housing until it dies.

The Oly "C" series cameras were incredible. They were the "Mercedes Benz" of underwater cameras in their time. I got years of use out of my C4000's.

I found the Canon S90 much better for use with the on-board strobe than the G cameras in Canon housings. The lesser zoom feature on the S cameras versus the G cameras results in a shorter housing lens "tunnel". This allows one to get closer to their subject without having the dark area on the lower right portion of the photo.

G10_S90_housings.jpg

Back
Top Bottom