Notice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a BC *member* but I am a moderator, and we have a bit of history outside of CA! :D

I'm not sure what your plans are for BC, as I don't know how it began, or where you were planning on taking it. However I would not abandon your plans over a few bad apples. Being a mod has really opened my eyes to the disgusting behavior of some individuals. Don't let it get you down as hard as that may be.

Kick the offenders out of the club if you need to. In fact, if you want to ban some users from this site, we can certainly make that happen. Just PM me or send a report to the mods. In fact you may have this power as a mod of this forum, but I'm not sure.

The Staff is here to support this forum, and it sounds as if you have some good friends in the club that are supportive of you.

When I get out your way, we will dive together again. Until then, take care, and take the time to consider what is best for the future of BC before taking quick action in the heat of a bad moment.

Rick, I'm sorry. It is amazing how a few people can cause such damage. I can only hope we continue to practice the ideals that made this such a good group. As always, my help is just a phone call away.

Your friend

I remember the first time I dove with Rickster. It was in Dec of 05 - the sight was Leo. I had about 10 dives under my belt; this was also my first beach dive. Rick was very patient with me as I tried to get my fins on in the surf, dealt with being underweight, not able to stay in one place, and hit him with my hands several times.

I can’t stress the importance of new divers being able to dive with experienced divers to develop good habits and confidence.

When I first heard about BC I was excited for what it can do to help newer divers meet people and get experience.

Now that it’s come full circle I'm excited again and think we should do a San Diego BBQ again.

Thank you for all your help Rick.

Hi Rick,
I'm glad you're keeping the BC's together it's definitely a good group & idea. Do you need me to keep on helping with the schedule cause I'd be happy to.

John

Hi Rick,

Here's my support for the BC's whether it's a club, or only a scheduling group. I still consider myself a newbie and I appreciate all the BC's helping me out on dives.

Keep up the good work!

Maybe you should make a rule: This group is about diving, diving safely, helping other divers and having fun. Anyone who wants to do anything else go away.

Maybe you should make a rule: This group is about diving, diving safely, helping other divers and having fun. Anyone who wants to do anything else go away.

I agree... Rick you are a good friend lets keep moving forward and turn this into something huge! Not just for new divers but for every diver, I dont want to graduate and have to move on!!!!!!

I'm not a BC *member* but I am a moderator, and we have a bit of history outside of CA! :D

Ron you dont have to dive with us to be apart of us... you are more then welcome to consider yourself a Crab! Thanks for your post and welcome to the Beach Crabs now go to the introductions thread and introduce yourself!

Wow! I came in this morning and reading over these post, am just wordless.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, apologies, and encouragement. This is what the Beach Crabs are all about. The Beach Crabs are not about one person, it is the divers that make us what we are. It is about all of you! Without you there would not be weekly dives, without you there would not be the joking, the fun, the friendships, and yes, the up times and down times.

I just want to say, Thank You! Every last one of you!

I have brought my heart soul to the table, with the BC's, and as a result, it is a success! But it was not all my heart and soul, it was yours as well.

There are great things to come in the future, and we need to keep this frame of mind.

Up till now, most new divers come, learn how to dive at the beach, have a great time, then move on. That is what I expected. It was a group to show new divers how to have fun at the beach. I wanted to change the miss conception about beach dives being Bad! We have accomplished this, and continue to do so.Jeff brings up a good point. We need to expand out and be a place for the experienced divers as well. I am open to suggestions.

So much for being wordless. :D

Now, Can we just Dive?

Rick

Back
Top Bottom