Not your typical Belize dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't do videos on this slow connection. Where is that?
There is another Blue Hole (a national park) up on the Hummingbird Hwy which I hear is an opening into a cave complex.

Sorry you can't see it.

It's a National Geographic video of scientists looking for Mayan artifacts. Per the narrator, "The research is being conducted under the auspices of the Belize Institute of Archeology." The video shows a diver disappearing down into an upwelling at the bottom of a crater.

As far as where they're diving, she says, "The dives were made in several pools in central Belize in an area known as Cara Blanca. The researches found evidence that eight pools of the twenty five they studied are likely connected through underground passages."

I'm not familiar with that area.

This was filmed by a friend of mine here in San Pedro. He also does lots of filming in the cenotes of the Yucatan. Great video and great expedition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom