Not NE Diving, but....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
This forum seems pretty dead lately while we wait for the waters to warm and the fauna to return. So I will take it upon myself to rub noses in my trip to Grand Cayman last month. This is a video filmed on the wreck of the Balboa which sank in Georgetown harbor. She was later dynamited to clear the channel.

Believe it or not diving NC in the summer can look a lot like that! It can also look like FTW but....... nice video I've been waiting. :)

This video was shot on the Doc Poulson, a cable laying ship that was scuttled as an artificial reef in the 1980s. It was one of my favorite dives on the trip.

Nice. Dove the Balboa in '79. It was fully intact and you could swim through the bridge and sections of the ship. If I recall correctly it was a sister ship to the USS Pueblo.

Just checked old log books. Did dive the Balboa twice in the 70s but it was a different wreck I was thinking of. The Oro Verde in GC was the one fully intact and the sister ship of the USS Pueblo. I think the Balboa was more like a pile of junk than an intact ship.

Will be heading down myself before too long.

Water temps hit 45 in Newport. Getting closer to my range.

Happy diving

RBW3:31:18.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 8.23.40 PM.png
Here's some shots from Maine waters the last week of March. NE diving alive and well!

Just checked old log books. Did dive the Balboa twice in the 70s but it was a different wreck I was thinking of. The Oro Verde in GC was the one fully intact and the sister ship of the USS Pueblo. I think the Balboa was more like a pile of junk than an intact ship.

Will be heading down myself before too long.

Water temps hit 45 in Newport. Getting closer to my range.

Happy diving
Yeah, a **** ton of dynamite will do that to a wreck.

Yeah, a **** ton of dynamite will do that to a wreck.
See, this bothers me a little... I used a four letter word.... but it doesn’t tell you which. The s-word I used means a lot, but the f-word means a lot more... like this, this is a f*** ton. The nuance of meaning has been lost....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom