http://www.diveheart.org/

Not about whales or shark fins or turtles...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This morning my radio alarm was set to BBC world news. I awoke to the news of a young girl in Afghanistan getting acid to her face in her way to school.
Seems like these ball-less guys are afraid of educated women.

I figure I get the details of the incident so I Googled : "acid girl Afghanistan" thinking that should take me directly to the story I half heard waking up.

Holy cr@*... was I wrong, I couldn't find the story because it was buried among the bunch of articles about girls (and women) getting the "acid in the face" treatment.
Afghan girl: acid attack won't stop my lessons - New Zealand's source for World News on Stuff.co.nz I think that's the one I heard about.

Considering that I would've been thrown to the fire, if borne in a different place or time, looking for a way to put a grain of salt in the favor of the girls, was the logical step for me.

I found several places to help on line. Not sure which ones are the real thing as opposed to a scam to get money. Couldn't find an option to hang the basta--$ so I'll go for one of the other options.

I'm posting it here because anti socials like me, don't exactly have a big circle of people but I can't keep quiet about this.
Here are a couple of links for your info.
Circle of Women - Reach and Teach Across Borders
What can you do to help Afghan women and RAWA?
BBC NEWS - Search Results For afghan girl acid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom