Norway - great dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gisle

Contributor
Reaction score
Stroemsholmen Dive Center offers some of the best dive oppurtunities in Norway.

After scuba diving with seals in kelp forest I experienced 15 orcas (killer whales) in the water around me. Check the link for more info.

According to the website it sure looks like there's some nice diving in Norway. What're the water temperatures like there? Does anyone there dive wet or are drysuits the rule?

-Roman.

According to the website it sure looks like there's some nice diving in Norway. What're the water temperatures like there? Does anyone there dive wet or are drysuits the rule?

-Roman.

Hi Roman
I always dive with my 8mm dry suit in Norway. It makes you quite stiff and heavy (with all the weights you need to put on).

Some people use semi-dry suits in the summer, very few dive wet. Typical sea temperature where you want to go for the best scuba diving in Norway 10-15 deg Celsius. In the winter we some times go scuba diving under the ice or in water at freezing temperatures.

I use my wet suits for subtropical and tropical scuba diving only - and prefer 'shorts only'

Up here in Scandinavia the smartest choice is a drysuit all year round. Right now in Oslofjord-area the water temp is about 3 degrees Celcius. Refreshing!

I am busy arranging my next dive trip to Norway. Two years ago I arranged a live aboard trip from Bergen and headed northwards past Fedji to Floro.

We dived wreck sites which were huge, intact and plentiful.

It's the best diving I have done to date.

The link is very useful, I would like to dive Norway further north according the skipper that I have booked with it only gets better.

I still have a few places left on my club trip for this year if anyone is interested.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom