north sulawesi liveaboard options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coprios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any info/ recommendations on the liveaboard options from Manado. Would like to do a two week land/liveaboard package? Around April/May 2011. Any suggestions?

Any info/ recommendations on the liveaboard options from Manado. Would like to do a two week land/liveaboard package? Around April/May 2011. Any suggestions?

Go here ...

Diving Indonesia with Wallacea Liveaboard : Togian Islands & Banggai - after Manado, Bunaken and Lembeh Strait

... and look at the "Cruise Schedule" page. We've done the 11 night itinerary, which I see still has spaces in April/May 2011. We would do this trip on this boat again in a flash. We're actually booked aboard her in Raja Ampat in February 2012. Here's my trip report for our November '09 trip ...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/313678-trip-report-bunaken-lembeh-sangihe-part-ii.html

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!

Last edited:
Not trying to hijack the post but I have a similar question:
For budget minded individuals, such as myself, which is the better option for price/amount of dives/convenience etc.? The Land options, such as Two Fish Divers etc., with transfers, or the Wallacea liveaboard? I want to hit Bunaken, Lembeh, and Bangka as well. I am an UW photographer with a housed DSLR who is trying to do a month of diving in Indonesia for as cheap as possible, but safely as well. I know the liveaboard will save time to visit other places such as Bali and there looks to be spots open for the 7 night trip which is when I am planning to visit. Thanks.

I'm sure you will get plenty of differing opinions, but having been aboard Paisabatu II (the Wallacea boat), I can tell you that we did four dives a day, with the exception of our last day, when we did five dives. Yes, you can find budget lodging on Bunaken that is cheaper, but if you want to hit all of those N. Sulawesi areas, you are going to end up missing dives if you are doing transits between areas in order to do land-based diving.

I'm a casual UW photographer, so the facilities aboard the boat were fine for me. There was also a guy aboard who was shooting a Nikon SLR in an Aquatica housing, dual strobes, who had no problem keeping his gear maintained and serviced.

We did both land-based on Bunaken (Seabreeze Resort) plus the boat, and as I've said, we're scheduled aboard the boat again, simply because we really liked the operation. Definitely not a gold plate liveaboard, but clean, comfortable, well-maintained, and good food. Your choice. PM me if you have questions.

Back
Top Bottom