North Shore 7/6/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The weather was perfect and the seas were just about flat calm. Quality lobsters were everywhere. This year has been the absolute best as far as numbers go at this area. Not sure why but I'm not complaining.
We each got about 10 the first dive and went about two miles away to a different spot. That spot wasn't quite as good for numbers but the quality was much better. I limited out and my buddy got three more very nice bugs.
We decided to do a third dive so he could finish off his limit and I could focus on filming instead of hunting. He got his last two and we enjoyed a leisurely swim looking at some true Lobzillas.
Two trips in a row to this area and everyone got limits of nice bugs each time. Heck of a year for hunting. Water was colder than two weeks ago (48°) but the amount of lobsters made us forget all about it.
Gave the five biggest lobsters to my nephew and his family to enjoy and cooked/ripped the rest for lobster rolls later. Managed to fill a one gallon bag with meat even without the bigger ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom