North Coast Abalone Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YoungLegs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so i have heard it has been flat as a lake out on the coast and its supposed to last a few more days threw mabye wends from NoA weather in Eureka. Has anybody been in the water latly and seen the conditions :cool2:

we might go just wondering how your conditions were

-Matt

SUPER flat at Gerstle Cove on Saturday. Never seen it so flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks okay not great for the Sonoma Coast. You mentioned Eureka, where do you plan to go diving?

Use this URL and the 10nm out buoy which is PZZ540.
NDBC - NWS Forecast

PZZ540-190430- POINT ARENA TO POINT REYES TO 10 NM- 256 PM PDT TUE SEP 18 2012 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...
TONIGHT
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 7 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WED NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND SW 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.
WED NIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. MIXED SWELL NW 4 TO 6 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
THU
NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.
THU NIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
FRI NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT. PATCHY FOG.
SAT NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT. PATCHY FOG.
SUN
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT. PATCHY FOG.

lol i got my report looks great.. mabye 6foot combined if that, dive spot around ft brag mabye glass beach for easy acsess

Not sure what your experience is, as you show few scuba dives, but how many hours of freediving do you have? Have you had a chance to be humbled by the ocean yet? Do you surf? Could be a good morning and get ugly very quickly. Have you checked the tide charts? They are not favorable for Wednesday, but the low is scheduled for 8:11 am. Even Glass Beach can be treacherous, just throw in that South swell.

6 ft combined for Wednesday? I wouldn't bet on that!
WED NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND SW 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.

If your diving is anything like your spelling...it could use improvement. Be careful as we don't want to read of another fatality as they are all too common with over zealous ab divers. It's been what, two weeks since someone died in the Fort Bragg area while ab diving? And that was on a calm day.

FWIW I have seen conditions change within minutes. And yes I have been humbled by the ocean many times, including life threatening situations. Every surfer knows the term "Maytagged".

Remember when your instructor said to sit back and watch the ocean for 15 minutes before entering? This is something you should do before jumping in.

umm actually its 2-4ft combined swell with a we tad bit of fog, and yes i know how to dive and when not to damn. But im not going my ride fell threw so ill sit back and wait for a better day than 4ft..I was in town the day that guy died, and it wasn't calm at all, surely above 6ft swell combined

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom