north alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lottinala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
well im new here and have dove many years ago but life moved on and had a son well he is 14 now and fixing to get him cert. the thing is my equipment srunk during that time and fit him fine so im out for new the only problem im running into is there isnt any great shops here in town to check out the gear. so im been doing alot of reading and listening to what others have o say here. so any info out there would be take in and pondered on. great site keep up the good work.

first off, welcome to Scubaboard.

if you're in Hazel Green, check out Dive Sports over in Decatur. It's a short drive over, but they are a "full stocking store" and sell at internet prices. They should be abouta 45 minute drive for you. He will take some old gear in on "trade in" also, which might help you with that gear you have that 'shrunk'.

tell Phil we sent ya.

you can check out their internet store at Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

come drop in the Deep Dixie Divers subforum here. you'll find other folks from your area posting dive trips there.

Deep Dixie Divers - ScubaBoard

mike

BTW... a bunch of us are diving at Madison Quarry thursday afternoon if you want to join us.

As a Florida resident, who dives frequently in the Keys, I can say 2 weeks will only touch the surface. The best diving is from Key Largo to Islamorada. The best dive operator is Conch Republic. I have been diving with them for more than 15 years and except for one or two employees, they are the friendliest around. Jason and George, the RD boat captain, is the best they have. If you reserve boat dives at Conch Republic, their rates are $70/dive if you have most of your own equipment. This is pretty much the going rate........unless you buy a card with 10 or more dives. I would plan more than one dive to the Spiegel Grove and Eagle as they are deep dives and take more than one/two trips to see the whole wreck. Most of the reefs are gorgeous and have lots of fish life! Have Fun and Enjoy Our Little Bit of Heaven!

As a Florida resident, who dives frequently in the Keys, I can say 2 weeks will only touch the surface. The best diving is from Key Largo to Islamorada. The best dive operator is Conch Republic. I have been diving with them for more than 15 years and except for one or two employees, they are the friendliest around. Jason and George, the RD boat captain, is the best they have. If you reserve boat dives at Conch Republic, their rates are $70/dive if you have most of your own equipment. This is pretty much the going rate........unless you buy a card with 10 or more dives. I would plan more than one dive to the Spiegel Grove and Eagle as they are deep dives and take more than one/two trips to see the whole wreck. Most of the reefs are gorgeous and have lots of fish life! Have Fun and Enjoy Our Little Bit of Heaven!

w.t.f. does that have to do with North Alabama? :confused:

mike im with you on this one he lost me and im no rocket scientist but i wasnt born yesterday. he lost me with that one. ill have to try and hook up with yall some times im going to try and go by there this weekend after the fourth. thanks for the useful info.

mike im with you on this one he lost me and im no rocket scientist but i wasnt born yesterday. he lost me with that one. ill have to try and hook up with yall some times im going to try and go by there this weekend after the fourth. thanks for the useful info.

If you work in Huntsville, chances are very likely that you could be a Rocket Scientist ! :D

well i do own a buisness in huntsville but has nothing to do with the space program believe it or not. i own a pawn shop and make my money doing jewelry repairs all over huntsville.

Back
Top Bottom