Noob Needs 14 Year Old Tank Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a Catalina 80 in 2008 new from a Sports Chalet dive center for filling my 10m competition air pistol. I used the tank for several fills in the gun then lost interest. The tanks been sitting ever since in my house and garage about 12 miles inland from Laguna Beach here in So.Cal. I’ve got the itch to shoot my air pistol again after all these years, would it be safe to use up the remaining air in the tank in the pistol and then take it in for a visual/hydro, or should I take it in now for visual/hydro before hand? Here’s a pic of the tank and the pistol, as you can see the pistol’s cylinder is pretty small so there has got to be close to a full tank of air still in the Catalina. Thanks ..... Chris

51815900032_bdb8d33993_c_d.jpg

51817211564_4d96a07e98_c_d.jpg

Shouldn't be anything wrong with the air in the tank; sounds like it's been pressurized this whole time so no moisture will have gotten in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom