Non-Diving recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PStrangerX

Registered
Reaction score
We will have 2 non-diving days. Can someone recommend a scenic beach bar/restaurant with good food?

I've decided not to drive through the national park, but any other activities/must do events once we are beached out?

We will be in Bonaire March 17-24th. Thank you!

We always enjoy the kayak outing through the mangroves.

1. Get single kayaks not doubles.
2. Mosquito spray!!
3. If the guide says the snorkel will be "strenuous" he means it .

April 9-14 is the Professional Windsurfers Association is having its World Cup event in Bonaire. So the top talent in with world is in Bonaire now practicing to take the top world rankings. It's a blast watching the pros at Sorobon beach (tip: go all the way to the end of the road close to the fishing pier). You can take a lesson with Bonaire brothers Taty ( a top freestyle and slalom competitor) or Tonky Frans (current European Champion) for incredibly low prices, even learn to foil. The Frans Paradise

We are there the same timeframe. What are your other interests? We usually try to mix some local history & activities in any trip.
Mangazina di Rei provides local culture and history.
If you are a history/WWII buff - visit Tanki Maraka Park and learn about the importance of the Caribbean basin during the war. For a good laugh, visit The Donkey Sanctuary. Bring a BIG BAG of cut up carrots. Arrange a sport or bonefishing charter. Outdoors hike or bike, pack plenty of water. Take a kiteboard or windsurfing lesson. If your bones are old like mine, sit on the beach, watch them and wonder how they survive the spills. Rent a scooter and see the island at a slower pace. Visit Aletta's Goat Farm. Mangroves via a kayak tour. Go caving. Tour churches - the shrine in Rincon offers a lovely view over that side of the island. Hit Rincon for some goat stew (Rose Inn) and frozen cocktails at Kadushy Distillery. Go jewelry shopping :)

Most of the food & drinks along the water have great views and good food. Do you want toes in the sand (and sand in food) or a little more civilized? Karels downtown is literally over the water, Cuba Comagnie sits on the square across the street, Lac Bay has food & drink, though we've not eaten there. Coco's & Eden already mentioned. Delfins has a gorgeous beach-pool-bar-food set up. May only be open to resort guests, not sure. Windsock always has a crowd.

Lac Bay. Thatched roof beach bar next to surfplace.

Great suggestions! I like the Rincon idea to hit up the Rose Inn and then Cactus Distillery.

Of all the "beach bar" options you listed, which place would you say has the best food?

We do consider ourselves foodies and are looking forward to a nice meal at the Brass Boer on our last night.[/QUOTE]

Great suggestions! I like the Rincon idea to hit up the Rose Inn and then Cactus Distillery.

Of all the "beach bar" options you listed, which place would you say has the best food?

We do consider ourselves foodies and are looking forward to a nice meal at the Brass Boer on our last night.
[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM re: Brass Boer.

1. Foodie's over at Lac Bay: Foodies Bonaire – Bayside Bar and Restaurant
2. Alletta's Goat Farm (M-W-F only): Aletta Goatcheese Bonaire
Goat farm gets rave reviews and you can purchase all sorts of goat products, as well as taste.
3. If not doing any diving over at Klein Bonaire, then a part day trip over and a snorkel might be nice.
4. A drive out to Goto Meer and take pics of the flamingos and then when passing through Rincon, stop and have lunch at Posada Para Mira. Sits up on a hill before dropping into town. Beautiful views and wonderful traditional Bonairian food! eat and drink Archives - Rincon

We do consider ourselves foodies and are looking forward to a nice meal at the Brass Boer on our last night.
[/QUOTE]
Check my other post regarding Foodies. Food is highly rated and the location is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom