Non-diver Friendly Resort Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My all-adult family of 7 is looking to plan a Caribbean vacation. Most of them aren't divers, but I'd love to find a place near some great diving so my husband and I can go out for a couple of tanks in the morning and spend the rest of the day with the family. Adults-only resort would be nice, but not necessary, just not someplace filled with kids.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

There are plenty of options in Grand Cayman. You can stick to the major hotels (Ritz Carlton, Westin, Marriott, Grand Cayman Beach Suites, or Grand Caymanian) on the west side of the island. There is plenty to do for the non-divers and huge choice of diving options for the ddivers. Loads of dining and entertainment options to choose from.

Or you can rent one or more condos along Seven Mile Beach and experience island living your way. Start your day with coffee and a light breakfast out on a balcony overlooking the sea. Divers head off to do their things while non-divers soak up the beach or head out for a bit of shopping. Grill some seafood and add a salad for a nice lunch as a group and spend the afternoon taking in one of the many attractions. Enjoy dinner out at any of the excellent restaurants along Seven Mile Beach.

Thanks guys for the suggestions- it seems will be taking another cruise next year. For the price and all-around experience, we can't seem to beat it. Of course the quality of diving suffers, but that's what husband and my diving trips (just us, no bubble watchers) are for...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom