Non bonded prescription masks in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuffy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a new mask as a) my TUSA Splendive II leaks a bit, and b) I need a prescription. I know of a few places in the UK that will bond a prescription lens into a normal mask. I have also read people on here talking about seavison prescription lenses that are actual polycarbonate lenses rather than bonded glass ones.

Does anybody know of anywhere in the UK that I could get prescription inserts similar to the seavision masks? I have emailed seavision asking if they have a UK dealer but I haven't heard from them.

I am slightly concerned about the possible weight of bonded glass lenses and the possibilities of gaps around the lenses where it isn't a perfect fit in the mask.

I don't mind ordering a mask from Seavision in the US, but I obnviously want to try one on first for fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom