Non-ARSBC wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just wondering if there are any recreationally accesable wrecks between van island and the mainland that haven't been sunk by the arsbc. Not that there's anything wrong with those wrecks, they're awsome, I'm just curious.

I was just wondering if there are any recreationally accesable wrecks between van island and the mainland that haven't been sunk by the arsbc. Not that there's anything wrong with those wrecks, they're awsome, I'm just curious.

There is a really nice wreck in the Agamemnon Channel in a small cove. It is resting in about 70 feet of water. Good dive. There are also some amazing wall dives up in the Channel.

KennyG

Some that I can think of:

Capilano near Texada/Powell River.

Gulfstream in the same area (although it's not what I would condsider recreational)

The breakwater hulls near Powell River.

Point Gray tugboat in Porlier Pass.

A few other debris field wrecks that I can't recall the name of right now.

There's also a natural wreck of a fishing boat at 60' on the North side of the rock just outside the entrance to Sechelt Inlet. Ken, do you remember the name of the rock? I believe its the same as the point due North of the Sutton Islets.

There's also a natural wreck of a fishing boat at 60' on the North side of the rock just outside the entrance to Sechelt Inlet. Ken, do you remember the name of the rock? I believe its the same as the point due North of the Sutton Islets.

Is that the rock I put you on that day back in October?? I forget the name...but I will check the chart later tonight! We still a go for Wednesday?

Thats the rock. The wreck is at 60' and we spent the dive at 90', thereby reducing the chance of entanglement (or seeing it.). Vince and I will be there at 10:45.

There's two more on the other side of Bedwell bay - Opposite side to the VT100. Those are boat dives, though. No shore access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom