Nomad XT and disappearing assembly screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have recently switched to sidemount using a Nomad XT, which I do like very much. However, a week ago I lost an assembly screw, the one closest to the bottom that helps secure the buttplate. I figured it was my fault for not checking to ensure that it was tight (I had previously removed, replaced and tighened the other two when adding weight to the rig). I purchased a replacement screw, and ensured that it was tight. This weekend I did one dive, and when I went to hang up my gear, half of the assembly screw fell on the floor. Luckily I found the other side in my dive bag.

Is there any recomendation for using loctite or some other compound for securing these screws?

I dive the same wing and havent had any issues with the book screws backing out. Loctite wouldnt hurt and its good to fill the holes with a couple extras.

Hi Mark,

That's odd, I'm happy to send you a couple more screws. PM your address to me. You shouldn't need loctite...usually we can't get these damn things to unscrew so I'm not sure why you've got the few that aren't cooperating. Sorry for that.

Kathleen

I appreciate the offer. If I have any more issues I might take you up on it. I've got a spare screw in my dive bag, so I'll just make sure everything is good and tight and see how it goes. Thanks, and I do really like the product.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom