Nomad EXP questions (Out for season?, etc.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of questions about the Nomad EXP.

First, is it really out for the season?

Second, is it based on the improved Cam Band spacing of the Transpac XT?

A couple of questions about the Nomad EXP.

First, is it really out for the season?

Second, is it based on the improved Cam Band spacing of the Transpac XT?

Hi Beano,

The Nomad EXP is presently TBA with no delivery date to be announced at this time. It is being redesigned, not based on cam band spacing. I'll deliver more details as I can. Right now, we're still at the R&D ideation stages. Any input is appreciated!

Cheers,
Kathleen

My thoughts:

The Transpac XT cam band spacing (moved down to eliminate 'Tank Head') is something the BCD should have, to give the better single tank positioning.

I really prefer the single unit sewn in design to the modular design of the Nomad XT so that one BCD can be used for everything I do as an instructor without having to fiddle with stuff.

Another example of minimizing fiddling: Since the wing positions most of the lift at the hips, it would be nice if it had weight pockets built in to make it so that there was no need for a weight belt with backmounted aluminums, (or sidemounted multiple aluminums).

My thoughts:

The Transpac XT cam band spacing (moved down to eliminate 'Tank Head') is something the BCD should have, to give the better single tank positioning.

I really prefer the single unit sewn in design to the modular design of the Nomad XT so that one BCD can be used for everything I do as an instructor without having to fiddle with stuff.

Another example of minimizing fiddling: Since the wing positions most of the lift at the hips, it would be nice if it had weight pockets built in to make it so that there was no need for a weight belt with backmounted aluminums, (or sidemounted multiple aluminums).

Hi,

Thanks very much for the feedback. If the unit is built around the TransPac XT, then the cam spacing will be lower. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that this redesign is not going to be a redesign, but a brand new rig.

As for the weight system, you might give us a shout. We do a lot of custom work for divers and perhaps we can modify your Nomad to add those pockets?! 1-800-495-1046 ask for Jon or Kenny...they might be able to sort you out.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Just a website note:

The Nomad page still lists the EXP, but clicking to it results in nothing displayed.

Back
Top Bottom