No Solo diving at Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BG announced that they will no longer allow any form of Solo Diving, meaning if you are certified to do so.

More 'logic' here

They’re incorrect about Ginnie Springs. If you’re full cave, you can solo dive there, even in the caves. @Manatee Diver does it frequently.

I soloed at BG last Christmas, just to get weighting down with very thin undies before cave diving in the area. A friend paid for my entrance fee as a gift. I didn’t go into the cavern was viz was bad from students. It was admittedly rather boring.

They’re incorrect about Ginnie Springs. If you’re full cave, you can solo dive there, even in the caves. @Manatee Diver does it frequently.

I soloed at BG last Christmas, just to get weighting down with very thin undies before cave diving in the area. A friend paid for my entrance fee as a gift. I didn’t go into the cavern was viz was bad from students. It was admittedly rather boring.
I would assume the new rule is just for the cavern and for open water divers? Not cave divers correct?

Meh... do not approve. If they are going to pair people up it is going to be like the same ocean buddies off of dive boats that prohibit solo diving.

But their hole in the ground, their rules.

But their hole in the ground, their rules.
Hey,,,stay out of that sweet blue pool out front too if your buddy isn't with you!!

I would assume the new rule is just for the cavern and for open water divers? Not cave divers correct?
There is no cave* to dive at Blue Grotto, so there are no cave divers. As far as I know, even if one is a certified cave diver, the normal practice is to show some flavor of OW card at the desk, not the cave card.

*There IS a cave on the property, but it isn't open to the general public.

Guided only is probably the better way to describe it.

Any cave diver can dive it with a guide.
Interesting. I was under the apparently mistaken impression they only opened it up for special purposes, like mapping, research, maintenance, or for special guests.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom