No so diver friendly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can kinda see why countries get a bit funny about boats crossing unpermitted into their territorial waters, esp in the current climate of fear about terror attacks and kidnappings.

You've got to figure that the vessel was a liveaboard. How long should it take to figure out that it's just a bunch of divers?

I wonder if there's more to the story?

i think so too, it seems like they ask them to pay some fine right?

Jester:
You've got to figure that the vessel was a liveaboard. How long should it take to figure out that it's just a bunch of divers?

I wonder if there's more to the story?

yes there is
http://www.scubaboard.com/t75229-anambasnatuna.html

Some of the confusion is over what the divers were doing at the wreck
Are you taking stuff to sell - no just looking at fish
are you catching fish - no just looking
are you taking coral - no just looking

The authorities cant figure out why someone will pay good money to go out to sea to look at mantas at a wreck without taking something away for financial gain.

The passengers have been released but the crew and vessel remain in indonesia. This is a popular local dive site and is in fact closer to malaysia (pulau aur, which has some habitation) than it is to indonesia (pulau damar, simply a lighthouse 11.4 miles away). This is the first time indo has made claim on the area, until now the dive site has always been considered as international waters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom