No one talking about Wallin's closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So Wallin's website says they lost their lease and I got something in the mail about their closing sale. I'm surprised they're throwing in the towel and not looking for a new location.

So Wallin's website says they lost their lease and I got something in the mail about their closing sale. I'm surprised they're throwing in the towel and not looking for a new location.

I've been a DM with Wallin's for a while now, and am obviously sad that they're closing. I don't want to overstep my boundaries and say anything that the shop wouldn't want me to. That said, I feel okay in saying that at various points in time the shop WAS looking into moving. Deciding to close certainly wasn't an easy decision, with a lot of factors involved, and it was not necessarily up to the vast majority of the people running the shop on a daily basis.

So yeah - sadness. That said, there are a lot of good instructors who will hopefully be teaching elsewhere (or privately) at some point, and anybody interested should definitely come to the sale this Saturday. There should be lots of good deals, and it will hopefully be a fun (albeit bittersweet) day.

do you know which instructors will be going to which shops?

do you know which instructors will be going to which shops?

Nope. As far as I know, most of them don't have firm plans yet. If there's a particular instructor you're interested in keeping in contact with, I recommend contacting the shop, going to the sale on Saturday, and/or contacting the instructor directly (if you have their info).

in case anyone is wondering wallins will become a children's swimming school. as someone that learned to swim at age 5 i think that is utterly ridiculous. you really need a 25 meter length pool to swim.

Crud. There goes my home town dive shop. I saw the flyer and figured it was just one of those gimmick "closing sales" as in "we are closing for the day to have this sale". That's sad as my buddy and I just took Rescue, Nitrox and Dry Suit classes there over the past year.

Crap! Too bad...

It is the only dive shop I ever walked into and stated that I had bought a hooker for $25 just around the corner. The gal working the store was a sport and played along. No really the hooker is waiting for me in my car. Eventually I informed her of what kind of hooker I had in my car. Wound up purchasing some wetnotes that day. Eventually took Fundies confined and book work at Wallin's.

Sucks to hear another dive shop is closing.

It is the only dive shop I ever walked into and stated that I had bought a hooker for $25 just around the corner. The gal working the store was a sport and played along. No really the hooker is waiting for me in my car. Eventually I informed her of what kind of hooker I had in my car. Wound up purchasing some wetnotes that day. Eventually took Fundies confined and book work at Wallin's.

Sucks to hear another dive shop is closing.

Huh? You lost me there... next time tell me the story when both of us have had a few beers okey?

I only found out about it last night

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom