no namer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Found this at a depth of 80'. First I thought it was a group of flat worms but couldn't find it in the book...the next day it was all in the exact same spot. Have never seen anything like it anywhere else on the Island. Has anybody got an idea?
Thanks for any kind of help

Lisa

friscuba:
Cool find. Never seen them. No clue here.

Steve
Thanks neighbor! I keep looking but I haven't found it anywhere else....

Lisa

I don't know either. It looks look some type of egg colony. I'll ask my local marine biologist friend.

This is the reply from my marine biologist friend:

This is a colony of animals called Corallimorpharians. They are considered intermediate between sea anemones and hard corals (they are anatomically identical to hard corals but they do not make a skeleton). I don't know the scientific name of this species however.

Gilligan:
This is the reply from my marine biologist friend:

This is a colony of animals called Corallimorpharians. They are considered intermediate between sea anemones and hard corals (they are anatomically identical to hard corals but they do not make a skeleton). I don't know the scientific name of this species however.
Interesting! Lucky you, to have some one like that at hand!

Wonderful find, Lisa :) !!

Back
Top Bottom