No more parts for life?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thez_yo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just contacted my service-person from last year, and apparently there are no parts of life warranties any more? I bought them under the assumption I would have parts for life, when serviced every year, so I don't understand how that can just be removed. I didn't agree to not receiving parts any more.

I guess I'm not going to bother getting my regs serviced every year any more.

What happened?

They probably mean that, from now on, newly purchased gear won't have a 'parts for life' program, but it's likely anyone who bought gear in the past under the 'program' would still be covered by the program, assuming one maintained the required annual servicing requirements.

I'm with Scubafanatic, it's likely there has been a misunderstanding. It would be extremely poor form and a PR nightmare to cancel such an "agreement" once in the programme. They may well have stooped it, as SF says, for new purchases. I'm sure a rep will be along shortly to clarify.

Subscribed.

---------- Post added November 20th, 2015 at 08:11 PM ----------

As an aside, you'd probably save money by only servicing as required anyway, but that's another thread.

No, the service guy definitely quoted me a higher price than last year by $40 a reg. Hopefully a rep steps in here soon.

I am guessing that the service tech or shop is misinformed or does not want to be a part of the Parts For Life service program any longer. I Would guess that if Zeagle/Huish wants to stop the program on future sales that is their right but the Parts For Life on previous sales would be violation of a contract between Zeagle and the purchaser.

I don't believe Zeagle has a PFL program, like Scubapro and Aqualung, that covers service parts beyond the first 2 years.

The messages I exchanged were with who Huish told me was their official service tech last year.

I'm currently researching other Zeagle service techs, and asking some buddies to ask theirs too, to see if I get the same answer.

I'm also still waiting to see if a Zeagle rep replies in this thread.

Since Huish bought Zeagle Zeagles presence on this forum has been almost nonexistent. I hope the the rest of Zeagle's GREAT customer service does not go the way the support in this form has.

I called another service center local to me, and they said they'll have to call to see if parts are included or not. I guess I'll drop them off there, see what the price comes to, and report back here.

I'm extremely disappointed in this whole situation.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2015 at 12:23 PM ----------

Ok, House of Scuba called Huish on my behalf and confirmed that they will honor the parts until January first (next year) but after that, they don't know yet. I'm assuming that's because of the buy out and they're still re-organizing the company things.

So, good news: Get them in before the end of this year and parts are still good.
Bad news: unknown what will happen next year.

Thez, Dive Gear Express sells Zeagle service parts kits and you've been trained to service regs. :wink:
Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom