No-Cost Market Research Opportunity for Scuba Industry Businesses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

Innovative Global Market Research Platform Helps Scuba Businesses Keep Their Finger On The Pulse Of The Industry

AQUIS Strategic Marketing is pleased to announce the launch of ScubaPulse, a global quarterly market research survey opportunity available to any commercial business or nonprofit organization in the scuba diving industry.

In June of 2015 AQUIS began fielding a quarterly study designed to provide a simple forecast of divers' intentions for the upcoming quarter across four key categories of industry spend:

• Dive Activity (Number and types of dives planned)
  • Dive Travel (Destination, number, and type of trips planned)
  • Dive Training (Specific courses planned.)
  • Dive Equipment (Expected gear/category purchase intentions)
Because interest and participation in the initial quarterly studies was very high - nearly 2,000 divers worldwide participated in the Q4 survey - AQUIS had made plans to continue this initiative on an ongoing basis each quarter. But more importantly, we are excited to open participation in theScubaPulse quarterly survey to the entire industry at no cost.

Through this effort we intend to be able to provide the scuba diving industry with a "leading economic indicator" of sorts that will be published each quarter. The infographic below summarizes some of the data from the Dive Travel section of the Q2 2015 report:

DiveTravel

The Q1-2016 survey is currently in the field, and interested businesses in the scuba industry are invited to contact us to participate.

In order to bring higher value to participating companies and organizations, AQUIS will provide any dive industry business (shop, manufacturer, agency, resort, instructor, publication, etc) a unique survey url that they can share with their customers via email, their website, and any social media channel they are using.

Through distribution of unique links, AQUIS will be able to provide each business that participates inScubaPulse with a customized report showing the aggregate data for their specific customers.

The chart below shows illustrative data for a business participant from the Q4-2015 study. As you can see, at the begining of the quarter ScubaPulse was able to tell this business what the gear purchase intentions of their specific customers were going to be during the last three months of the year:

Data1.png

Beyond gaining insight into what their customers are planning for the upcoming quarter, dive industry businesses that participate in the ScubaPulse quarterly survey will also be able to see how their customer base compares to the overall marketplace.

In the following chart, showing a cut of data from a question included in the Q1 2016ScubaPulse survey, it is easy to see that the customers of "Company X" have very different expectations for spending on scuba gear in the beginning of 2016, as compared to the US national average:

Q1_Draft_Dataset.png

In order to help the dive industry gain the most powerful insights possible, the ScubaPulse quarterly survey is distributed globally by AQUIS through our proprietary ScubaSurveys database as well as a wide range of partner organizations, scuba diving websites, and social media channels. Now, by opening participation to the entire dive industry, AQUIS hopes to drive even greater participation going forward. As an ever-larger population of divers join the survey, the data will not only be more reflective of the overall marketplace, but it will be possible to do finer sub-analyses, geographic comparisons, trending over time, etc.

Interested parties should email info@aquismarketing.com to receive a demo of the Q1-2016 ScubaPulse survey and information about how they can distribute a unique link to their customers and receive their customized Q1 ScubaPulse report.

We look forward to your participation. Working together we can help #GrowDiving!
Ray

Last edited:
This is very exciting. I work for a dive shop setting up trips in Florida. I'm learning as I go and I am obsessed with information. After each trip I always intend to send out a survey but never know quite what to say. I'd love to learn how to be a better trip-coordinator for different groups of divers; I have some loose plans to book "themed" trips next year such as a women's retreat, video-contest trip, etc. A publication such as yours sounds invaluable to dive travel!

Dive Belle, RKP is indisposed for a while. He will not be back in a position to answer you for a couple of years. Please be patient.

Dive Belle, RKP is indisposed for a while. He will not be back in a position to answer you for a couple of years. Please be patient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom