No Commercial Diving in rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Sutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I guess we saw the writing on the wall with this one, the signs now read " no commercial diving " one of my buddys talked with the powers that be, no more group diving at the beaches, there was talk about permitting thru the chamber of commerce . still don't have all the details but I will look into it more to find the truth to this.

Anyone else hear anything on this ???

LEO (at Back Beach) told us a couple weeks ago that groups were ok, but classes needed a permit.

was told a few weeks back that the area locals are fed up with groups be so disrespectful to those around them. one of the reasons parking went up so much is to discourage groups from coming.

I have seen and talked to a few groups about this and got nowhere. one lady who lives across from back beach said to many naked butts facing her way.

I think Back Beach is the problem area, and I really don't blame the residents. I've seen a lot of divers, albeit usually students who don't know the drill, being inconsiderate. Honestly, I don't like diving there that much. I think Stage Fort is more convenient, even thought it's pricey to park (although not so much more since the meters went up), and I love Old Garden when I can get there during the week for free parking on the street.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2013 at 01:49 PM ----------

Are these signs at all the beaches, or just Back Beach?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom