No batteries in carry-on bags, leaving - update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or force bottlers to use plastic for duty free sales.
I bought some Baileys Irish Cream in a plastic bottle from duty free once, onboard a flight to Ireland.

TSA in DFW is still having problems with international passengers trying to carry bottled booze as they reenter the secured boarding area. They were making announcements Sunday. I suppose this is a widespread problem as none of the duty free stores want to kill sales by warning customers that if they connect to a new flight in the US, they have to reenter security - without bottles.

What, and waste all that tequila????

Perish the thought!! That would be horrible!!!

or force bottlers to use plastic for duty free sales.

Eww.....

I bought some Baileys Irish Cream in a plastic bottle from duty free once, onboard a flight to Ireland.
1/2 bottles of Baileys come almost exclusively as plastic nowadays i think? Atleast over here its very rare to se 1/2s of Baileys in glass.
1/1 bottles (700ml) and above come in glass. Guess they consider 1/2 bottles to be emptied in two shots so its a waste of glass :p

We used to carry whiskey in plastic canteens in the Corps. Didn't seem to hurt, but didn't do well in metal canteens.

I'm going camping this weekend and having to repack pickles and other commodities in plastic. :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom