No Ban?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The link you posted portrays the opinion on one individual, there is very much a ban on the export of Indonesian Corals and Anemones. It's been going on for one month now. While we are unsure of the true or underlying reasons behind this decision of the Ministry of Fisheries to not issue Health Certificates for movement of Corals and Anemones, domestically and internationally, the fact remains that this is affecting thousands of people in the industry, in Indonesia and the world.

I have been involved in this industry for over a decade, importing and exporting fish, invertebrates and corals from all over the world, please feel free to add comments or ask any questions you may have.

In my opinion there should be a total ban.

And what do you base your opinion upon? Please elaborate...

Speaking for myself only....

I would love to have an aquarium. But speaking to various people over the years convinced me that the industry treats the ecology of the places it is harvesting very poorly. Have heard some real horror stories.

However, I have NOT done much research on the topic. If there is a different view, I am willing to listen, as I know that I am not well-informed.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom