no AOL notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have not been getting any notifications to threads I am subscribed to for about 2 weeks on AOL.

Any updates?

There have been a significant amount of users that use AOL and don't get emails from PbNation anymore. With help from the user Worth, I think we have the steps needed to fix the problem.

The following are the steps used:
  1. Go to your AOL mail.
  2. Click on the inbox (little mailbox)
  3. Look in the bottom left hand corner, there it says "spam Folder" (all the mail that I did not recieve in my normal inbox showed up there.
  4. Click on the "Spam Folder"
  5. Select an email from PbNation and in the bottom center of the screen of the "Spam Folder" it says "This is Not Spam".
  6. Click the "This is Not Spam" and those selected mails should appear in your normal inbox.

Please reply to this thread if you have or have not had success with this process.

If you are reading this and cannot post because your account is locked up get ahold of me on aim. My username is "TonyPBN".

^^^^From another forum^^^^^

Part of the problem is that AOL doesn't deliver some messages but returns them to support@scubaboard.com.

A possible solution is being tested.

hgroberts:
There have been a significant amount of users that use AOL and don't get emails from PbNation anymore. With help from the user Worth, I think we have the steps needed to fix the problem.

The following are the steps used:
  1. Go to your AOL mail.
  2. Click on the inbox (little mailbox)
  3. Look in the bottom left hand corner, there it says "spam Folder" (all the mail that I did not recieve in my normal inbox showed up there.
  4. Click on the "Spam Folder"
  5. Select an email from PbNation and in the bottom center of the screen of the "Spam Folder" it says "This is Not Spam".
  6. Click the "This is Not Spam" and those selected mails should appear in your normal inbox.

Please reply to this thread if you have or have not had success with this process.

If you are reading this and cannot post because your account is locked up get ahold of me on aim. My username is "TonyPBN".

^^^^From another forum^^^^^

Just an FYI- I have an AOL email address. I have not been receiving notifications and they are not going to my spam folder. I've been checking. I also checked my security level and am not blocking any specific addresses.

Same here....it is still not working and the Scubaboard address is in my address book.

Any updates of fixing the notifications for AOL?

Just an FYI, I still am not getting notifications either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom