nj shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would start at Shark River, there is a group called Happy Hour which dives there. It is a loose group of divers and instructors. My son and I dive with them often, the dives are in the twenty foot range. It was a great place to start. Check out the Divers Two website, they post when the group is diving. Carol and Lance run the dives at no cost, but share alot of knowledge and humor.

Well, the biggest thing for me to learn about was tides. I always dive with a buddy who knows more about them than I do and I still can't figure out when the tide is turning. Don't want to get sucked out to sea.

Shark River was my first post-certification dive spot in the summer of 1970. But I remember the depth as being in the 35-40 foot range.

Shark River was my first post-certification dive spot in the summer of 1970. But I remember the depth as being in the 35-40 foot range.

Shark River is....the dives he is talking about are in the back bay at L Street. Run 12-20 feet depending on the tides but are not tide dependant nor with currents.

Shark River is....the dives he is talking about are in the back bay at L Street. Run 12-20 feet depending on the tides but are not tide dependant nor with currents.

Then I shall have to try both spots for old time's sake one day.

I thought you could only dive the inlet at night because of boat traffic during the day. And if I'm not mistaken, tides are important in the inlet. At least that's what my buddy says.

shark river inlet has hours you may not dive attached to it as does manasquan inlet from may to Oct I believe but the railroad bridge and back bay do not.

The Divers Two Happy Hour Dives are always in the evening......light during the summer and dark dives inthe fall but evening hours all along. Check their website I believe they are listed. They also run a Fosters 1 tank Sunday dive everyweek from I believe it is the Venture with ruth and Cpt Paul. Good way to begin boat diving .

Shark River was my first post-certification dive spot ...........

It was mine also...... to this day they are still some of my favorite dives.......the night after I finished my OW check out dives a group from the shop took me to Manasquan inlet by the coast guard station and pushed me off the seawall and dragged my sorry butt back up the rocks. I will always have a soft spot in my heart (and my head) for those dives....

Back
Top Bottom