Nitrox Fills in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl_H

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick question - does anyone know of any dive stores in Manila who can provide Nitrox fills (50% O2)?

I was hoping to get two stage tanks filled-up for this weekend in Anilao but will be staying near Ligpo (i.e. going via Tagaytay route) so can't get to the usual Anilao resorts/stores for local fills.

I know of Philtech and Divers Network but if there is anywhere closer to Makati it would be good to know - saves a lot of waiting in traffic tonight/tomorrow :)

Cheers,

Karl

Eya!

I asked my instructor and he said there's really not a lot of dive shops in Manila that fill 50% Nitrox. He's not even sure Philtech still does that anymore. He mentioned Dive Buddies might have it.

Good luck!

Just a quick update, it seems only Philtech and Divers Network can fill beyond 40% as expected, most shops/resorts offering Nitrox fills have gone for the constant filling tube system which can only do up to 40% O2 as far as I know :(

Great for recreational Nitrox but if it's for a technical deco gas it seems much harder to find anyone who can provide partial pressure fills over 40% O2 :(

Isn't that because all the good diving is further away from manila? ;-)

Sadly the bank account is trying to tell me that weekend diving a drive away Manila is much better than anything further afield!

Hopefully I'll get in a Malasascua trip this year before the rain starts - I can check myself then :coffee:

Is Subic an option? You can get there on a weekend and get teh gases you need. What do you want tech gases to see fishes for anyway :)

Is Subic an option? You can get there on a weekend and get teh gases you need. What do you want tech gases to see fishes for anyway :)

I lost my mask and snorkel above a 50m bottom a while back and I've been looking for it ever since :rofl3:

Subic is always an option! I normally get fills here in Manila, I just wanted to check if there was any closer for me to avoid the traffic :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom