http://www.diveheart.org/

Nitrox Class - Puget Sound - to Benefit Kimber Fund!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stardiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As someone who knew Kimber during her tenure in "waterless hell" I have decided to teach a Nitrox class with all proceeds going to Kimber's recovery support fund.

I would ask that, in addition to being a certified diver, anyone wishing to take this class do the following:
- make a donation (at least $100 would be fair, doncha think?) using Paypal or depositing directly into the fund that has been set up. Note it as from the nitrox class please.
- pay for their class materials (text, tables, etc) which I will provide at cost.
- pay for their certification cards.
- purchase their own gas.

Once we have a full class (or more! I will do 2 classes if need be!) we will set up a location for classroom sessions and dives. The plan is right now to teach a NAUI nitrox, but I can also teach SDI/TDI or YMCA. My class is challenging, fun, and I guarantee you'll get plenty of personal attention.

Date of choice is the weekend of July 14-16.

I'd like to have comittments ASAP so that we can work out the logistics. If you would like to attend, or if you have buddies who would like to attend, please PM me.

I know this amount will be a drop in the bucket towards expenses, but it's the best way I could think of to help. I've not taught in this area, having just moved from Ohio, so if anyone would like to check my credentials I will provide needed information.

stardiver:
As someone who knew Kimber during her tenure in "waterless hell" I have decided to teach a Nitrox class with all proceeds going to Kimber's recovery support fund.

I would ask that, in addition to being a certified diver, anyone wishing to take this class do the following:
- make a donation (at least $100 would be fair, doncha think?) using Paypal or depositing directly into the fund that has been set up. Note it as from the nitrox class please.
- pay for their class materials (text, tables, etc) which I will provide at cost.
- pay for their certification cards.
- purchase their own gas.

Once we have a full class (or more! I will do 2 classes if need be!) we will set up a location for classroom sessions and dives. The plan is right now to teach a NAUI nitrox, but I can also teach SDI/TDI or YMCA. My class is challenging, fun, and I guarantee you'll get plenty of personal attention.

Date of choice is the weekend of July 14-16.

I'd like to have comittments ASAP so that we can work out the logistics. If you would like to attend, or if you have buddies who would like to attend, please PM me.

I know this amount will be a drop in the bucket towards expenses, but it's the best way I could think of to help. I've not taught in this area, having just moved from Ohio, so if anyone would like to check my credentials I will provide needed information.

If by chance I'm in the area that weekend, I'll attend, but you might have to throw in dinner...

Keysdrifter454:
If by chance I'm in the area that weekend, I'll attend, but you might have to throw in dinner...

For you, and you only, dinner :) But you'll have to go diving for it, even if I have to twist your arm.

SD.. wish i was there

only for TGirl would i ever think about such a cold water dive!

as the aussies say, "cheers mate"... class act!

almitywife:
SD.. wish i was there

only for TGirl would i ever think about such a cold water dive!

as the aussies say, "cheers mate"... class act!
Thanks - its not SD though, the class is in Puget Sound, several hundred miles north. Water temp here is about 45°F of 7°C now. It's not cold, really.

And there's still room in the class.

:D

stardiver:
Thanks - its not SD though, the class is in Puget Sound, several hundred miles north. Water temp here is about 45°F of 7°C now. It's not cold, really.

And there's still room in the class.

:D

How's the sign-up going?

Have you taught any OW classes up there yet?

Keysdrifter454:
How's the sign-up going?

Have you taught any OW classes up there yet?

Have 3 at this point.

I'm only doing private OW now til the dissertation is defended. Same with nitrox and AOW and tech. I don't bother teaching much else as I'm not a card salesman. Drysuit you can learn if i go diving with you; ok rescue maybe as the card is needed for DM or AOW.

Cove 2 was really quite nice today :butnhome:.

stardiver:
Have 3 at this point.

I'm only doing private OW now til the dissertation is defended. Same with nitrox and AOW and tech. I don't bother teaching much else as I'm not a card salesman. Drysuit you can learn if i go diving with you; ok rescue maybe as the card is needed for DM or AOW.

I'll pay for two Seattle type divers to take the Nitrox class, 100 bucks each for Kimber (she sounded great on the phone yesterday), plus books and cards, and stuff, if you know them (which was why I asked about your former studii), or if someone like Ron Sallee speaks up for them.

Real Guerilla Divers- Team 3 candidates- not patch collectors.

It would be the high point of my day to give this to some one who will use it extensively.

stardiver:
Have 3 at this point.

Cove two :jump: I hear wonderful things about that place.

Missdirected:
Cove two :jump: I hear wonderful things about that place.

Send a few of your local buddies to me and we'll do the nitrox class there. :1poke:

Back
Top Bottom