Nitrox and Cressi Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any regulator can work with nitrox if it is cleaned properly. Whether or not the reg has been subjest to hydrocarbons in the service dictate if you can proceed with it right away. If the reg is new you can go ahead with recreational mixes.

If you are using a mix below 40% you don't need to clean the reg. Reg cleaning is only needed for mixes above 40%

Mike Veitch:
If you are using a mix below 40% you don't need to clean the reg. Reg cleaning is only needed for mixes above 40%
Yeh I know but I'm thinking of putting this old reg into deco stop duties and don't want to plan for it IF the reg isn't factory approved for safty reasons.

Then I would take it in an have it clean and the orings changed. You can tell them that it doesn't need service so the seats can stay etc.

rescuediver009:
Then I would take it in an have it clean and the orings changed. You can tell them that it doesn't need service so the seats can stay etc.
Yeh, looks like that may be the way to go................

After I buy a few more toys and such{apeks black pearl..got a slightly better price as well!!!!}

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom