NiTek Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the Nitek Q and I am totally disappointed. The concept of a computer growing with you is a great idea. However, the computer is so basic that at the base price it does not even have a safety stop countdown or a deep safety stop count down. I called Diverite and they said they have not designed it yet? It was like buying a nice car with no motor but you can buy everything piece by piece at a seperate price. Diverite also didn't even have a lens protector. They recommended a cell phone protector which I am now using. The problem is now, there is a huge glare that you can hardly see the screen because of the screen color in contrast to the screen protector. For the value, you can get much more with any other 3 gas switching computer on the market. I hope Diverite makes some serious adjustments to this computer because I know they do have a good product line. I think the carriage is infront of the horse on this computer when it came out ! who agrees..​

I would like to add that the Nitek Q shows the water temperature but do not log it. So, if you want to know what was the water temperature you were diving that day in past, you will need to remember that. And the battery indicator does not show the actual battery charge. I took a look at it and it was showing full charge. 20 minutes after I started diving the computer went off. Dive Rite customs service told me I must to recharge the computer every day before diving. I'm disappointed too.

I have a Nitek Q that wont hold charge the battery is obviously buggered and still cant find where to send it for replacement there is no support in NSW Australia for this product worth mentioning the dealers mentioned on the website have distanced themselves from the product because of a lack of support if you have any suggestions i am happy to hear them ( should have bought a petrel when i was going to at least the battery is user replacable )

Last edited:
I have a Nitek Q that wont hold charge the battery is obviously buggered and still cant find where to send it for replacement there is no support in NSW Australia for this product worth mentioning the dealers mentioned on the website have distanced themselves from the product because of a lack of support if you have any suggestions i am happy to hear them ( should have bought a petrel when i was going to at least the battery is user replacable )

Have you contacted Dive Rite directly? SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Contact Us and Sign Up

Al

does the nitek Q have a countdown on decompression stops? If my deco stop is 5 minutes does a timer come up and countdown for 5 minutes and say i have another stop for 3 minutes does it come up and countdown that time too?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom