Ningaloo - what? a different lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yes, I missed my macro, but I'm glad I forced myself to get out and play with something different. That dome port is huge! LOL I'm just a tad rusty with wide angle, though hehehe

As always, enjoy...sorry for so many images but I had some time this morning!

For those who haven't seen a froggie/anglerfish in situ before, this is what you're looking for as you swim along...just some ol lump of nothing much
anglersceneexamp1.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @23mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

Then you can squiggle down into a hole to try to get a somewhat recognizable shot
anglerWA1_.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @30mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

The baitfish were still abundant, but not as thick at they were Tuesday - all the cod look like they've just finished a marathon session at a $1.99 buffet. Here's two divers swimming over me
baitdivers1.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @17mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

The parrotfish were munching away happily
parrotsscene2.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @21mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

This big guy had a bunch of friends and they were plowing through the remaining baitfish
fishscene1.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @21mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

Me, coz I'm a geek and just wanted to see what would happen, and then I got distracted and didn't bother to take another with the strobes positioned properly
meport600.jpg

Dive site - Blizzard Ridge 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Some fish and a diver
janefish1600.jpg

White tip reef shark cruising around, looking for a place to snooze
whitetipswim1.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @28mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

This huge tuskfish was laying on the sand, rocking in the surge, kicking up sand and getting a good clean. He was totally unconcerned with divers, but I zoomed my lens to make sure I stayed out of his space as much as possible, just in case.
tuskcleanercu1.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @70mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

These little boogers hide so well!
jumblescene1.jpg

And, of course, I found a nudibranch that I never see when I have a macro lens on...only when I have this lens! But this lens is nice and sharp, so I just shot with the aim to crop it down and it worked just fine.
Notodoris citrina
Notodoriscitrina10.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 @70mm, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

Dive site - Gulliver's 14.7m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Me, coz I'm a geek and just wanted to see what would happen, and then I got distracted and didn't bother to take another with the strobes positioned properly
meport600.jpg

Why are you eating a shower head?

:rofl3:

Yes, I missed my macro, but I'm glad I forced myself to get out and play with something different. That dome port is huge! LOL I'm just a tad rusty with wide angle, though hehehe

meport600.jpg

Alcina,

I thought models were supposed to where clear masks???? Great pics you got there. If this is rusty - I can't wait see see some pics when you are "on our game".

GORGEOUS! But you should have asked for your $$ back with such bad viz :D I mean, those baitfish are "totally" (to be Californian) in your way!

Very nice photos indeed!

Nice stuff, Kristin. I like the self-portrait, the fish and diver shot and the WA macro of the Tuskfish best.

Why are you eating a shower head?
Very funny.

Nice shots Kristin. 17-70 seems very versatile...what are your thoughts on the lens?

Thanks, Everyone! I have tons more WA coming up if I can find some time to get things processed!

Nice shots Kristin. 17-70 seems very versatile...what are your thoughts on the lens?
I really like it and think it is a great asset to your underwater set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom