Ningaloo Reef - whale sharks June 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, for 2009 anyway. Yes, we've been sharking since the middle of March and it is totally pathetic that I haven't gotten out until last Thursday. I don't know how the season zooms by so fast.

We are still having tremendously awesome days out - Thursday we swam with eight different whale sharks and I had a fabulous time. The water varied from being really perfectly blue and clean to more of a muddy blue and even a little green in spots where it was packed with food. Made getting non-sparkly shots tough, but boy do the whale sharks love it - they were all feeding away and there are more around at the moment that you can count. LOVE IT!

Anyway, haven't had much time to go through many photos so here are just a quick few I've pulled out real fast, nothing too special but I was there! Don't hold your breath for too many more since I still haven't processed the whale shark images from LAST year LOL
IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70, Subal housing & big dome port

That is AWESOME, this is why I can't wait to get out of Alaska! Great Pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic creatures, thanks for the great photos.

Alison

They are arriving of the UK coast now. How little we know about these goliaths of the sea. Fantastic pictures, wish I was there.

I am sooooo jealous. Swimming with one for about 30 seconds was amazing, and you got EIGHT of them!!!!!! Great shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom