Ningaloo Reef after Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Got out for a few dives over the weekend for what turned out to be my last dives of 2008. It was extremely tough shooting conditions as the cyclone up north brought in some significant swell and tons of huge chunks of stuff. But the dives were still good and any time you can get underwater for a few hours is a good thing!

1 - Whew, it's hard work posing! Rabbitfish having his brow wiped by a cleaner wrasse
IMG_7516.jpg

2 - nom nom nom! Yummy breakfast!
IMG_7535.jpg

3 -
IMG_7454.jpg

4 -
IMG_7424.jpg

5 -
IMG_7370.jpg

6 - polka dot crab...this guy was HARD work as the surge was swinging me about five feet side to side so I'd have to find him - surge - focus - surge - fire - surge & review - repeat LOL. I'm sure I looked like a total unco!
IMG_7389.jpg

7 - I love it when they do the googly eye thing!
IMG_7356.jpg

Sounds like the conditions I'm used to diving in. Hard work but satisfying when you get great results like yours !!!

Great photos, as usual, Alcina! I love the crab, because I'm always trying to get photographs of them, and they stay so hidden in the coral that I never get the faces. And the little blenny (or whatever he is) looks like everybody else went to the prom . . .

Very cool stuff. The crab is nice as well as the little Goby or Blenny, but the Aeolid? is awesome. I've seen them on their food quite often, but never actually seen one take a bite before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom