Ningaloo - a stolen holiday day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Who could go back to work on Tuesday?? The skies were blue, the seas were calm, the temperatures were soaring into the mid 30's (90'sF). And I worked Sunday, so I deserved it, right?! I headed out yesterday morning instead of working and grabbed another two dives. There was a ton of sand stirred up so shooting was a bit of a trick and I had to get much closer than I'd had to on the rest of the weekend - no more experimenting with lighting and distance :wink: Turns out there's yet another cyclone forming off the west coast, but it doesn't look like it should affect us too much in the next 48 hours at least. Probably just some stirred up water...oh yeah, and rain. It's been raining since about 3am - blech.

Not that I've had time to actually go through my photos from the weekend yet, but here are a couple from yesterday that I grabbed while making the first WHALE SHARK videos of the year for our clients (I didn't go sharking but they had two sharks and crystal blue water!)

The "Stick camera under ledge, kinda sight through the viewfinder to half-assedly line things up, and shoot" technique - moray with cleaner wrasse
bigmorayclnrwrasse.jpg

Dive site: Blizzard Ridge - 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Bream with cleaner wrasse - just something a little different in the cleaning genre
breamclnrH1.jpg

Dive site: Gulliver's North Hole - 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

White tip reef shark profile
whitetipHH1.jpg

Dive site: Gulliver's North Hole - 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

I think I'll have more more more photos as the week goes on, but I'm going to have to dribble them out still as I am now swamped with catching up! It was all worth it though :D

Love the bream -- he looks like he's got some kind of fancy hairdo!

I always enjoy your pix

Awesome pics, the second is amazing. The tail of the cleaner and the fin on the cleanee are at almost the exact same angle. Very cool. :)

Your photos are sooooo good Kristin. You have a great eye, you cover all the bases, artistic and technical.

++Ken++

Very nice pics, as always. More please.

Thanks, Guys. It wasn't a totally productive photo day, but it sure was fun.

Found a relatively cooperative bulldozer shrimp on the last dive yesterday. Here's a little set.
bulldozershrimp02.jpg

He was pretty busy flicking stuff out of the burrow
bulldozershrimpflick.jpg

so I was happy when he quickly paused (can one pause quickly?) for a little portrait!
bulldozershrimpV1.jpg

All images: Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes; sometimes Woody

Sweet! Always a pleasure seeing your pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom