nikon P5000 vs canon G7/G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys,
i am going to get one of these cameras. i have narrowed it down to these cameras and would like some opinions on a final choice.

Russ

Well, now you haqve another similar chice the nikon P5100, now 12MP, with anti-shake and some other new features at about the same price point. The great news is that the Fantasea P5000 case fits the 5100 perfectly!

I think you'll see some trade offs in terms of size and features between these cameras. Check over on dpReviews for more discussions, I've seen some on the "Nikon Talk" forum.

Jack

I'd rule out the G7 as the G9 has RAW and a 3" monitor. I'll bet that 3" monitor is real sweet underwater. It also has to be convenient for viewing your shots topside as well.

Doesn't look like the Nikon P5100 has RAW if that's important to you. It has a 2.5" monitor.

There are software hacks that allow the use of raw on the G7 without voiding warranty (you do not actually change anything in the camera, there is a small piece of software running off the memory card)

The cash saving may make up for the screen size difference and the extra 2mp.

Z...

Back
Top Bottom