Nikon L26 and Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone used or have any reviews of the Nikon L26 used underwater with the Ikelite Housing?
Nikon L26 Underwater Camera and Housing by Ikelite
A local dive shop has both (camera and housing) on for a pretty decent price right now. I'm not looking for the best of the best. But I do want something that I can play around and learn with. I've used a SeaLife in the past and am not a fan, I would like to be able to change the settings and whatnot.
Would it be a worthwhile purchase? I don't want to spend loads just yet, as I'm just getting into underwater photography, but I also don't want to go about purchasing something that isn't worth the money.

Any reviews or opinions greatly appreciated!!

I bought the package a little over two years ago when it was the L22. I've taken it with me to Northern Florida, Key Largo, Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, local quarries, Cozumel and Dominica. It flooded once on a ripping current dive on the Spiegel Grove. I'm going to blame my wife for that one. :D

What's nice is that you can buy an L22, L24 or L26 on Amazon for about $100 so we carry two cameras with us when we travel. I find the L22 to be slow to actually take the photo. Forget about taking lots of photos in a few seconds. I think the L26 if faster but I haven't tried it. You can take HD video with it.

The Ikelite housing is great, it matches every button on the camera so you won't lose any function underwater. You just have to remember what all the buttons do.

I'm happy with the purchase and I would recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom