Nikon D90 Macro video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieByron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is the collection of my second attempt at Video with the Nikkon D90. This time I have used the Nikkor 60mm Macro lens with a nano LED focusing light. I still need more light as you can see and hopefully soon I will try it out with my HID can light.

It takes a little getting used to trying to hold the camera still for periods of time as surge has its effect on the balance.

20090122 081 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20090122 080 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20090122 079 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20090122 078 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20090122 077 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20090122 076 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also I tilted the camer 90 degrees to get more of the GPF in the frame forgetting that I can't rotate the video when finished. So a couple of GPF clips you have to turn your head side on.lol

Regards Mark

Hey, Thanks so much for posting theses! It makes me want to get this camera/setup even more.

Thnx..

Very nice vids, Im impressed with the quality from the camera. How did it the camera handle with focusing?

I picked up a D90 a few months ago and I love it. No uw housing yet (a little too spendy right now), but hopefully I'll get one soon. For now though, the above water photography is keeping me occupied. As stated above, it takes a bit of getting used to controlling the camera in video mode. I can only imagine trying to do it under water. Anyway, i wouldn't hesitate to reccomend a D90 to anyone interesed in a mid level DSLR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom