Nikon aw 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcticat99

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
so bought a Nikon aw1 earlier this year and it takes wonderful pics on land ,nice to see a waterproof camera with changeable lenses that doesnt break the bank..i took it to the pool for the first time last weekend at 15ft and must say it preformed well ,nice pics and very easy to use .om the box it says it is rated to 59 ft but a p[ost here earlier a person said their took theirs to 80 ft no problem ., im going on ac cruise to the Caribbean in January pool practice 045.JPG pool practice 045.JPG pool practice 024.JPG
pool practice 045.JPG
pool practice 024.JPG
to try it out i will post back and give the results

so bought a Nikon aw1 earlier this year and it takes wonderful pics on land ,nice to see a waterproof camera with changeable lenses that doesnt break the bank..i took it to the pool for the first time last weekend at 15ft and must say it preformed well ,nice pics and very easy to use .om the box it says it is rated to 59 ft but a p[ost here earlier a person said their took theirs to 80 ft no problem ., im going on ac cruise to the Caribbean in January View attachment 387559 View attachment 387559 View attachment 387560 View attachment 387559 View attachment 387560 to try it out i will post back and give the results
I would not recommend taking it deeper than rated. I have had issues with mine fogging (lenses and rear LCD) after multiple days of snorkeling. I've dived with with it too - but only to about 45 feet. I have had it back to Nikon to have lens O rings replaced as per the manual (once a year). It takes great pictures, but appears to let some water in over a few days - enough to cause fogging. Here are some pics (diving and snorkeling):
i-Pzw2RTX-L.jpg

i-KF6MtsX-L.jpg

i-DRs5V4c-L.jpg

i-b8WRbvZ-L.jpg

i-RCkNTPj-L.jpg

i-8vwq7H8-L.jpg

i-sspsgb5-L.jpg

i-BMng5wt-L.jpg

i-GHCKjWr-L.jpg

i-RmVXL3R-L.jpg

i-5Dtm3ff-L.jpg

i-4wXXRNH-L.jpg

i-fsg8Gsf-L.jpg

i-Pk5CF4g-L.jpg

i-gPMT9b6-L.jpg

i-vR4Rcxt-L.jpg

very impressed and ill only be diving down to around 50 ft so should be ok cant wait to try

Another tip is to shoot in RAW and color correct them in post processing (Capture NX2 or Photoshop) - the in camera underwater setting works OK near the surface, but once you get much past 10 feet the color balance goes off. All of those were natural light - no flash. Use the burst mode at 5 or 10 fps to get a sequnce of pics to choose from to pick from as fish move quickly

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom