Nikon 18-200mm or 12-24mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am getting the Nikon 60mm....now I need to decide between Nikon 18-200mm or 12-24mm....planning to do some dry land shots and then lots underwater shots.....any preference and why?

18-200 decent to good alll around LAND lens. great range, AND IT COMES STANDARD WHEN YOU BUY THE D200..... which i believe you said is the camera you are looking into? i could be wrong...

but, not a great UW lens for the future, too long, it extends when it zooms so will not be useful underwater.

12-24 nice Wide Angle only zoom, wide angle only... and can be used for underwater.

so.. buy the 18-200 now, use it on land, have a great time with it, take loads of photos of difft things..

then, down the road when you are ready to take your slr UW get the 12-24 or something similar.

for this moment in time, and for someone only looking for one or two lenses and is new to SLR photography etc.. you will get much much much more use and happiness out of the 18-200

M

Thanks Mike

Thanks...The only thing is the 18-200 is not in any stores...only on ebay

I have been calling and checking for the past week...they do not have it....they have it on ebay as brand new....any recommendation to getit on ebay or not!!

aboalreem:
Thanks...The only thing is the 18-200 is not in any stores...only on ebay
hmmm... have you tried www.bhphoto.com or www.adorama.com ? both are hi quality shops.

I did yesterday,,,,they are out...and do not know how long would it take to get the 18-200

called both...they said it is on back order in the whole country!!

I just found one shop and I made the order...thanks....
any recommendation of the memory card interms of brand names?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom