Nikon 1 J1 vs canon g16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trevormclay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[h=2]Canon G16 or Nikon 1 J1[/h]
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have been using a gopro for the last two years diving and frankly it doesn't produce the photos I'm after... On land I'm an avid photographer with some photos used in advertising as well... My girlfriend has a old Nikon 1 J1 she said I could have and currently there's a sale for the housing for 69.99.... Or is it worth it for me to buy a G16 and Fantasea housing ? I want to get the YS-03 strobes with either camera but if i use the Nikon I can afford the YS-D1

any input is greatly appreciated. Happy holidays to all​

I realize this thread is quite old, but just wanted to put in my 2¢ worth about the Nikon 1 J1 and WP-N1 housing. It's a nice set up, not top end, but I've used it with good results for the past couple years. It's a good housing/cam set up if you are new to diving and underwater photography like I am.

Back
Top Bottom