Nik Software Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I don't know anything about this software but I downloaded it and intend to give it a try.

Does anybody know anything about it?

Google Nik Collection

Edited.

The download is free, google is giving away the entire suite.

Last edited:
I've been using the old version of SilverEfex a bit. IMO it does a better job with custom B&W conversions than LR does. I've tested ColorEfex briefly, but didn't see any use for it for me.

Haven't tried the rest of the suite, but I'm planning on checking out at least Sharpener and DFine as an alternative to the other denoising SW I have (NeatImage)

I've been using the old version of SilverEfex a bit. IMO it does a better job with custom B&W conversions than LR does. I've tested ColorEfex briefly, but didn't see any use for it for me.

Haven't tried the rest of the suite, but I'm planning on checking out at least Sharpener and DFine as an alternative to the other denoising SW I have (NeatImage)

Download is free, forgot to mention that. (edited to include that)

It is an excellent software suite. I use tend to use it in Photoshop because it's more adjustable due to layers, but it works well for Lightroom as well.

NIK is great software with lots of tools, but Google giving it away for free means that it (most likely) will not be supported any more. Get it and play, it can do some great things and the sharpen tool is better than LR in my opinion.
Bill

FYI for others (like me) who have never heard of this suite. It is a collection of plug-ins for photoshop (and bridge). So, you have to have photoshop to use it.

Had not heard of it-----thanks for the info D.....Any before & after examples you have??.......

Watch a few of the tutorials, it's the local editing tools that make it particularly powerful. Harder to explain, and I don't use it on every image. Particularly like it for landscape (only apply sharpening and contrast to details, or noise reduction more to blue skies than to areas with high detail), which translates well to editing challenges for underwater shots.

And for the price of free it's a no brainier

Had not heard of it-----thanks for the info D.....Any before & after examples you have??.......
Haven't gotten a chance to mess with it yet. Hoping for a dive trip to get familiar using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom