Night diving & marker lights/cyalume sticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did some night diving years ago and at the time we attached cylume sticks to our tank valves. Is this still standard practice? Has this been replaced by electrical marker lights? What are most people using? If so, any brands/models people are happy with would be helpful.

Thanks

I don't do night dives often, but I still use the cylume/glow sticks. Buy them in packs right after Halloween to save money ;p I do see some folks using them/electronic marker lights on some of the deep dives that I've done.

I personally use an electrical marker (LED) light and have a couple cylumes in my save a dive kit. A number of people I dive with use cylume sticks. Either one works.

cylume sticks, plus the kids love them, so thats another hour trying to write your name in the night sky :D.... better than tv

I do night dives at least weekly. No tank light. Most people that I see around here don't use them unless it is a class.

A decently bright primary light is more than enough. Take a backup of course.

When I did use them I used the battery version of the red or green sticks (no blinking).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom